Have you visited Mexico at a certain time of the year and felt that it was just simply magical? Please share your experience! What time of year do you think is the best time to travel to Mexico? Share Your Opinion
Nayarit in May
- I agree with others who responded that anytime is the right time -- there's so much diversity in Mexico that the weather will be perfect somewhere in Mexico no matter what time of year it is. However, in my part of Mexico, Playa Las Tortugas, Nayarit, the time after Easter and into May is my favourite. It tends to be much quieter, and even more relaxed, and the weather is just about perfect -- still cool enough at night for sleeping and warm during the day.
Summer or Winter
- Anytime is the best time to visit Mexico… for cooler weather, travel to Mexico around December to February, for more action and fun, go in the summer.
- —Guest John N
Anytime is good to visit Mexico
- I think any time is the perfect time to visit Mexico. If you’re looking for the lowest crowds, great weather and good prices – try the first couple of weeks of May, or the first couple of weeks of December.
- —Guest Catherine Banks
December in Riviera Maya
- I went in early December 2009, to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. It was an ideal time to visit Mexico in my opinion. There were no annoying crowds (as there are at "Spring Break" time) and the prices were good. The heat was still outstanding in that it was enough to be a great relief from the midwest cold. Yet, w/ the nice "winter breezes" it cooled you down if ever it started to feel too hot. Also, when you're escaping the Midwest winter - a tropical place in general is always a good idea. And if you're going to a tropical place, where better than the Riviera Maya in Mexico?!
- —Guest Kirsten Alana
Michoacán--Almost Any Time
- March/April--Palm Sunday/Semana Santa.
May-- Morelia's Anniversary.
June/August--The rainy season brings lush countryside plus arts & crafts festivals.
Sept.--Fiestas Patrias (Independence Day celebrations).
Day of the Dead-- all around Lake Patzcuaro.
November thru March--Monarch butterflies in the eastern part of the state.
Warmest time of the year is April/May.
Coolest is Dec./Jan. (bring a jacket).
Anywhere on the coast is best Nov. to April, Be sure to avoid the beach in July & August! Have fun. Mexico By Hand
- Our best time to visit Mexico is February in Mazatalan for Carnival and Puerto Vallarta in late October.
- —Guest Charlie Rita
Best Times to Visit
- Patzcuaro for Christmas, Guadalajara for Christmas, or Huatulco in June
- —Guest henry spicka