From the article: Secret Mexican Beaches
Mexico has many beautiful beaches, including some that are relatively unknown and others that are world-renowned, like the beaches of Cancun and the Mayan Riviera. What is your favorite beach in Mexico? Share your opinion
Playa Las Tortugas, Nayarit
- Kilometer after kilometer of undeveloped, flat, sandy beach, about 2 hours north of Puerto Vallarta. Quiet. No beach vendors. Sometimes I have all this to myself for hours.
- Playa del Carmen is number one, I love love love it there.
- —Guest cmc
Playa del Carmen
- Definitely Playa del Carmen! With Cozumel's beaches a close second... visiting Tulum... we'll see how it compares!
- —Guest kirsten
- I love the Zihuatanejo area. When I want to get away there's no place like Playa Troncones about 30 minutes up the coast from Ixtapa....solitude!
Oaxaca Is Where It's At
- Mexico has no shortage of stunning beaches, but my favorites are those along the Oaxacan coastline, with the dramatic desert cliffs, tall cacti and warm, azure water. Some are great for surfing, some for swimming -- and most of them are quite remote. Sigh.
- I vote for Playa Los Muertos, south of Rio Cuale, in the Southside area of Puerto Vallarta. Tons of eye candy, the who's who go there, walk the surf, kick the sand, buy from the vendors and lie in the sun with a palapa nearby!
- —Guest garyrbeck
Favorite Beach in Mexico
- Tulum closer to Sian Khan Biosphere. Perfect waves, very few people, great restaurants and no high rises.
- —Guest Matt Honan