Plan Your Trip to Mexico
By Suzanne Barbezat, About.com Guide
When To Go to Mexico
Choose the right time of year to plan your trip to Mexico. The weather and seasons vary throughout the country. Do some research to find out the best time of year to go to find the best weather, festivals, wildlife interactions and good deals.
What you need to know to get into the country: visas, travel documents, customs and immigration.
- Do I Need a Passport to Visit Mexico?
- Mexico Travel Documents and Passport Substitutes
- Passport Cards for Mexico Travel
- Mexican Tourist Cards (FMT)
- Does My Child Need a Passport to Visit Mexico?
- Letter of Parental Authorization for Minors Traveling to Mexico
- Do Canadians Need a Passport to Visit Mexico?
Learn about Mexican currency and find out how to manage your cash in Mexico: what you need to know about carrying money, exchange rates for the Mexican peso and other concerns about money for travel in Mexico.
- Tipping in Mexico
- Mexican Money - Photos of Mexican Currency
- Exchanging Money in Mexico
- Tourist Tax Refund
Information on how to get to Mexico and the domestic transport options available to you once you get there.
Here are some itineraries to help you make the most of your time in Mexico.
Health and Safety
Stay safe and healthy on your trip to Mexico. Minimize your risks and avoid crime and illness.
- How to Have a Safe Trip to Mexico
- Travel Safety Tips and Precautions
- Tips for Women Travelers
- Register your Trip
Travel Tips and FAQs
Mexico Travel Tips: here are some practical tips and answers to frequently asked questions about traveling in Mexico.