What To Do in Mexico
By Suzanne Barbezat, About.com Guide
Festivals and Events in Mexico
Planning your trip to coincide with a festival or holiday will ensure that your vacation is full of local color.
- Mexico Month by Month
- National Public Holidays
- Day of the Dead
- Radish Festival
- Christmas in Mexico
- Candlemas (Día de la Candelaria)
- Holy Week and Easter
- Cinco de Mayo in Mexico
- Oaxaca's Guelaguetza Festival
- Mexico's Independence Day
- Revolution Day
Mexico has nearly 6000 miles of coastline, and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Whether you enjoy swimming or water sports, or just lazing in a hammock listening to the sound of the waves, you're sure to enjoy Mexico's beaches.
- Top Ten Beach Destinations in Mexico
- Beaches of Cancun and the Riviera Maya
- Nude Beaches and Resorts in Mexico
- Mexico's Secret Beaches
Mexico's ancient civilizations had developed writing, arithmetic and astronomy long before the arrival of the Europeans. Follow the links below to have a look at those civilizations and some of the most important archaeological sites in the country.
- Tips for Visiting Mexico's Archaeological Sites
- Mexico's Ancient Civilizations
- Teotihuacan Virtual Tour
- Templo Mayor Visitor's Guide
- The Ancient Maya
- Mayan Archaeological Sites
- Chichen Itza Visitor's Guide
- Tulum Ruins Visitor's Guide
- Palenque Visitor's Guide
- Cobá Visitor's Guide
- Monte Alban Visitor's Guide
Ecotourism and Adventures
There are lots of opportunities to interact with nature, practice water sports and participate in all types of adventure tours in Mexico.
Self-Guided Walking Tours in Mexico
Walking tours are a great way to discover a new place. Here are some walking tours that will give you a chance to explore some of Mexico's great destinations on your own two feet.
- Mexico City Sights Walking Tour
- Puebla Walking Tour
- Puerto Vallarta Walking Tour
- Guadalajara Walking Tour
- San Miguel de Allende Walking Tour
Food and Drink in Mexico
From tamales and tlayudas to mole and salsa verde, Mexican cuisine combines flavorful ingredients with painstaking preparation, and is vital part of the experience of visiting Mexico.
- Meals and Mealtimes in Mexico
- Mexican Food Photos
- Mexican Street Food
- Tropical Fruit of Mexico
- Tequila, Mezcal and Pulque
- Chile en Nogada