The Bottom Line
- A Mexico City institution
- Traditional Mexican decor
- Live music
- Great food
- Crowded on weekends
- 72 Belisario Dominguez, Col. Centro, Mexico City
- Tel: (55) 5526 5276
- Credit cards accepted (Visa, Mastercard and American Express)
- Website: www.hosteriadesantodomingo.com.mx
Guide Review - Hosteria Santo Domingo Restaurant
Traditional colonial period dishes are served on Pueblan talavera and drinks in blown glass from Guadalajara. The house specialty is Chiles En Nogada, stuffed chile peppers in walnut sauce with pomegranate seeds. Another dish to try is Quesadillas con Flor de Calabaza (Quesadillas with squash blossoms). The desserts are delicious, the Jericaya, which is a type of flan, and the Arroz con leche (rice pudding) are highly recommended.
Main dishes range in price from 50 to 80 pesos. If going on a weekend, arrive before 1 pm, otherwise you may have to wait to be seated.