The Mexican Caribbean is a popular destination for sun lovers everywhere, from people seeking to be pampered at high end luxury spas to back packers who prefer more rustic accommodations. The one thing most travelers to the Yucatan Peninsula have in common is the quest for the beach.
From Cancun to Tulum and in between, each area has its own unique qualities to offer, each beach its own vibe. Turn a bend on the coast and the landscape changes, from long stretches of flat white sand and rolling waves to fabulous rocky outcroppings and inlets filled with coral and sea life. Here's a peek at some of the amazing beaches that can be found in the Riviera Maya and the Cancun area.
- Tulum Ruins Beach - ancient history set on jewel-toned waters
- Half Moon Bay, Akumal - snorkelers' paradise
- Playa del Carmen - laid back chic
- Punta Bete - secret hideaway in the Riviera Maya
- Puerto Morelos - great beaches, great vibe
- Cancun Island, East Side Beaches - rocking waves and unbelievable blues
- Cancun Island, North Side Beaches - tranquil waters great for water sports
- Isla Mujeres - burgeoning island that offers a great getaway
- Isla Blanca - pristine beaches, rustic settings
- Isla Holbox - truly get away from it all.