The Monumento a la Revolución is located in Mexico City in the Colonia Tabacalera. The monument was built between 1932 and 1938 using the foundation of what was to be a legislative palace under president Porfirio Diaz, who was deposed during the revolution.
The remains of some of the important leaders of the Mexican Revolution are contained in crypts in the four columns of the monument, including Francisco Madero, Venustiano Carranza, Francisco "Pancho" Villa, Plutarco Elías Calles and Lázaro Cárdenas. A museum dedicated to the Mexican Revolution is located beneath the monument.
Photo by Ivan Hernandez, licensed under Creative Commons